Friday, January 13, 2012

My Bucket List



Before you say that I'm taking the year 2012 too seriously with sentiments, I'm going to start with my inspirations, mainly reasons on why I have this sortof agenda this year:



  • My planner for this year, Slate 20, have this 2-full page section called My Bucket List. At first, I wasn't all that excited with this special feature because of the other cool and awesome pages from this planner, until...
  • New Year's Eve(movie) almost made me bawl like a baby. Thank God, I was with Mariz when I saw it. We weren't talking to each other because, obviously, I wasn't the only one tearing-up in my seat. (Haha!) The movie itself wasn't that genius, but the part about resolutions, 2nd chances, and change just inspired me to do actually think about what I would write on that looooong list. (Yes, there are a lot of bullet-boxes);
  • I've never done this before. NEVER. Resolutions or even plans for new years weren't really my thing ever since I learned about their purpose and existence as an individual's personal need; and finally,
  • I need to do something that will put me to a state of genuine bliss. 
I know that I wouldn't be able to do everything that I wrote and will write(haven't filled up the spaces!) in my bucket list, but I am going to live up to it and do my best to fulfill it. If I can make other people happy, if I can give my time to someone else and, if I can give my love to that person; then I sure can give myself happiness, time, and love. Right?  

Anywaaaaaay..... (stop the drama!). Here are just some of what I want to do and accomplish before new year strikes again:

  • Travel for my 19th birthday (crossing all my fingers for this!)
  • Read at least 36 books (currently working on my 3rd book)
  • Sport a brazilian blow-out - CHECK
  • Lose weight (my forever promise to self..)
  • Cook and eat Eggs Benedict (if  only I can perfectly poach eggs..)
  • Save money (or find a part-time job!)
  • Fly a sky lantern and be happy (oh, I can't wait to do this.. :) )
  • Watch a movie and eat in a resto ALONE (this is not a show for loneliness or any other cynic exhibition)
  • Lie outside our terrace and just look at the stars for at least 1 hour
  • No alcohol consumption from January 2 to April ?? (Please pray for me... LOL)
  • Go out and eat vanilla cone (McDo) by past midnight - CHECK
  • Make my own 3-Cheese Strata (i just need a food processor!!!)
  • Go on a diet for at least 2 weeks starting January 16 (I can already hear my tummy cursing me. haha!)
  • Live up with my blog (I truly hope I can with all those school work thrown at us. But I think I can :) )
  • Make someone happy :> - CHECK
  • Do volunteer work... 
  • Visit the church as much as I can 
  • Compile all my pictures and do something creative with them 
  • Surprise someone 
  • Watch live musical
  • Watch live concert (Gaaaaah! Praying that Pia and I will be able to make it on the 22nd for Katy Perry's! *excited*)
  • Go swimming 
  • Perfect one guitar piece (I'm not good with guitar but I enjoy playing it :) )
  • Be given a DREAMCATCHER (someone..? )
  • Watch the sunrise (Done this before. Just want to relive that moment even without the person that I last saw it..)
  • Bake muffins for Mariz's Gboy :"> 
  • Dance with someone under the night sky (I don't think I'll be able to put check on this. ) 
  • Meet someone new in a random place (Courage and Confidence... that is!)
  • Accomplish 2012 promise to self  (Working on it... :) )

I'm determined to do all of these. Some are I think very simple but simple things, details makes me smile. However, some are a bit difficult or complicated. But hopefully, I can accomplish most of them. Crossing my fingers! And praying as well! haha! :)


2 comments:

Nichie said...

Good luck with all your goals! :>

Unknown said...

Nichie - thank you! :)