Sunday, January 29, 2012

Avoiding the End

Why do we look for things at the wrong places?
Why do we still pursue something that would be worthless?
Why do we choose to stop asking questions?
Why do we ignore shortcuts and instead take the rough and endless roads? 
Why do we choose to ignore medication when we have access to?
Why do we want to walk alone and meddle with our own confusions and consciousness?
Why do we always prefer silence?


Why am I so afraid of hearing the answer and/or reaching the end?


I feel weary, sometimes, but I never stopped walking.
I often feel miserable but I never acknowledge that to myself. 
I am stupid but I made myself very stubborn so that I would never ask any questions.
My doors are open, but I pretend that I'm locked up. 
I know that dealing with this alone wouldn't bring me to a better place.
The world around me is too loud and there are a lot of voices to listen to, but I close my ears to everyone who tries to talk me out of this. 
I have my words ready in my tongue, but I keep my mouth shut every time. 


I am so afraid of what I might see at the end that I would just keep moving around even if it's wearing every ounce of strength I have. I'm too fragile to even think of myself one step behind the finish line. I don't know. I cannot think of anything for now or maybe I don't want to think of anything at all. 


I want to rest now. I feel stupid and senseless writing all these. Goodnight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, all things end. As much as we don't want them to, they have to. But there's a bright side to it. Every cloud has a silver lining. Always. When there's an end, there's a beginning.

Everyday, people do stupid things, so you're not the only one. :) No one wants to know what's waiting for them at the finish line. Because they're afraid it might be something that they weren't looking for. But what if it was? What if.

Don't let fear hold you back. Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

And we look for things at the wrong places to help us get to the right places. We need the wrongs to make things right.

See the glass half full, sweetie. There is always a silver lining.

-from the girl with the choco-chip muffins you baked ♥

Unknown said...

You are the sweetest, miss! I almost cried but since I'm reading this while my mom is in front of me, I hold them back. haha! i love you! thank you for those nice words.

What if! What if! what if! <3